No Limits, Only Possibilities
KS1 & KS2 teacher assessment & moderation guidance information for parents
This is an official communication from the Standards and Testing Agency.
KS1 and KS2 teacher assessment and moderation guidance updated
We have updated a number of documents containing information about teacher assessment (TA) and moderation. This is to reflect the revised TA submission deadline and information included in the clarification document for both key stages, published on 8 March 2016. Links to the updated documents follow.
The clarification document now summarises the updates to existing documents. Revisions to the text in each document are clearly marked.
- Teacher assessments: letter from Nick Gibb to the NAHT
- Clarification: updates to teacher assessment and moderation guidance
Key stage 1
- KS1 wall chart
- Key stage 1 assessment and reporting arrangements
- Teacher assessment exemplification: KS1 English writing
- Teacher assessment exemplification: KS1 mathematics
- KS1 moderation guidance for schools and local authorities
- Key stage 1: English grammar, punctuation and spelling test framework
Key stage 2
- KS2 wall chart
- Key stage 2 assessment and reporting arrangements
- Teacher assessment exemplification: KS2 English writing
- Teacher assessment exemplification: KS2 mathematics
- KS2 moderation guidance for schools and local authorities
- Key stage 2: English grammar, punctuation and spelling test framework
- Key stage 2 teacher assessment data collection 2016: technical specification
Information for parents: leaflet and video launched
We have published a leaflet and short video for parents about 2016 assessments at key stages 1 and 2. We are promoting them across Facebook and consumer parenting sites. Schools may also find it useful to refer to the materials in communications with parents.
- 2016 national curriculum tests for key stages 1 and 2: information for parents
- Assessment update, sent Tuesday 22 March.