We carry out our duties and monitor the work of the school in many ways;
- The full governing body meets six times a year. An overview regarding the work of the school for each term is discussed, along with the work of the committees.
- All governors attend training provided by Kent or use online training, to ensure we have the right skills and knowledge to carry out our role.
- We attend school events such as assemblies, school productions and other celebratory occasions.
- Governors support parents’ fund-raising efforts and attend events where possible.
- We will keep parents up to date with our work through the school newsletters or our own occasional newsletters.
- Visiting the school gives a valuable insight into the day-to-day life and activities of the pupils and staff, we see the effects of the decisions that we make which enables a more informed decision to be taken at the various committee meetings regarding the children and their education.